EKOVENT manufactures and markets products for fire protection, comfort ventilation and industrial ventilation. The company’s investment in new simulation technology has resulted in completely new product development opportunities such as supplying Facebook’s data centre in Luleå, Sweden. Using Simulation CFD software from Autodesk, a product’s pressure drop can quickly be simulated and verified at an early stage in that product’s development, a procedure that previously was time-consuming and expensive.
• Find a less time-consuming and costly process to make decompression simulations of ventilation products
• Obtain a straightforward and cost-effective digital simulation tools
• Investment in new simulation technique that gave unprecedented opportunities for product development
• Training of all designers
• Quickly simulation and verification of the pressure drop in a product, something that previously was both time consuming and costly
• Major economic and environmental benefits of making company’s products more energy efficient
• Optimisation of material usage in the manufacture of the products and thus reduce the price of the product, and save the environment.
"As we are now able to do digital simulations, our work on customer-specific projects is much smarter. Now we can calculate results that we could only estimate before, which means that we can produce facts rather than suppositions,” says Henrik Augustsson, Production Engineering Manager at EKOVENT.