Fewer errors at Lidan Marine with Sovelia Lean PLM
Lidan Marine, which designs and manufactures winches and handling systems primarily for marine use, chose to take the next step in its product development by investing in the PLM system Sovelia. Sovelia was chosen as the basis for solving the initial problem areas that Lidan Marine has decided to focus on, namely to link the design system to the business system.
- Rapidly growing engineering department
- The need to work more efficiently
- No automatic link between CAD environment and business system lead to a lot of manual work and multiple data entries
- Sovelia Lean PLM leading to secured processes, increased reusability of engineering data throughout the company and decreased manual data entries
- All engineers are trained in Sovelia
- Part structure linking between CAD environment and ERP (Monitor) to establish a controlled release process of documents
- Integration towards ERP system ensures access for production, purchasing and suppliers to the approved part lists and drawings
- Simplified parts management - parts are handled directly in Autodesk Inventor instead of ERP
- Manual work has decreased significantly eliminating errors
- Increased reusability of structures throughout the value chain
– Sovelia is definitively a system for us to grow with. We have no doubt that we will be able to save a lot of time in the future, in part because we get a more secure process in which we can increase the reuse of designs throughout the chain and, in part, because we can remove the need for manual handling at several stages, says Henrik Eriksson, Technical Manager at Lidan Marine and
one of the initiators of the introduction of PLM.