What's New in Civil 3D 2020
An overview of the new features and updates in Civil 3D 2020
This blog outlines 4 new features and updates you will find in Civil 3D 2020:
- Ribbon: Updated colour and icons
The ribbon background colour has been updated to use the dark blue theme that is being introduced in most Autodesk products.
Ribbon icons have been updated to scale with high-resolution monitors and better communicate the purpose of each command.
The ExportC3DDrawing command has been overhauled to enable much more predictable results.
- New option to export feature lines as either 2D or 3D polylines
- Civil 3D object labels with background masks are no longer exported with a bowtie-shaped hatch
- XREFs are exploded appropriately on export
- ExportC3DDrawing command no longer causes Civil 3D to crash
- Proxy state messages are no longer displayed on export.
NOTE: These enhancements will be available in the Civil 3D 2018.3 Update.
- Survey Database and migration tool
The survey database format has been updated from Microsoft SQL Server Compact (SQL CE) format to SQLite. To use existing survey databases with Civil 3D Qi, they must be converted to SQLite.
A utility is available to convert survey databases from SQL CE to SQLite.
- Analyse Gravity Network
The wizard for the Analyse Network command has been replaced with a modeless dialog box. It now enables you to interact with the drawing and has the following enhancements:
- Three analysis types:
- Pipe Sizing
- EGL/HGL Performance
- Inlet Analysis
- A Network Details table of all elements to show and resolve issues before performing the analysis.
- Additional Outfall options:
- Hold outfall elevation
- Critical depth and Normal Depth tailwater conditions
- A Results table highlights how well the network performs
- Pipe velocity and cover
- EGL/HGL performance
- Inlet depth and spread
- The report opens after it is saved
Watch our video below to see these new features in action:
Note: the below webinar recording was created by Excitech prior to becoming Symetri in January 2021, following its acquisition by Addnode Group. All Excitech products, services and solutions mentioned in this recording are available through Symetri.
One of the great things about Revit MEP is that I can incorporate the standards for presentation, mechanical and electrical services, and deliverables into my project template so that every new project I create starts from the same position, saving me time, promoting consistency, and reducing errors in my project.Learn more
It seems like such a long time ago that we were all wondering how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) would impact our businesses and it’s easy to imagine that the problem has now gone away, but ignore it, and you could be making an expensive mistake.Learn more