Creating Classic View in AutoCAD 2020
AutoCAD users who have become accustomed to working in the classic view of AutoCAD still prefer this view as it is almost completely customisable and provides the freedom to move and place tools around in a way which the user find more effective and comfortable.
Since the introduction of the ribbon toolbar in version 2020, many users have been asking if the classic view is still available. Yes it is, however the classic view needs to be configured as the standard display by following the steps below.
1. Once AutoCAD is open, type “-TOOLBAR” in the command bar.
2. Then type “STANDARD” and hit Enter on the keyboard, (if you have any custom toolbars created by your company or a 3rd party, you can load these in here at this time).
3. Type “Show” and hit Enter on the keyboard again. This will show the toolbar at the top of the screen. Should you want to display the tools on either side of the screen or the bottom, please also type in the relevant command here.
4. The classic view will appear at the top as a string of tools.
5. To apply the rest of the tools, right-click in the empty space next to the classic view tools and select “AutoCAD”. You can now select the options which you require to customise your AutoCAD.
6. To remove all the ribbons, type the command “RIBBONCLOSE” or select the icon in the menu section 3 times and the ribbons will disappear.
For further information please get in touch.
One of the great things about Revit MEP is that I can incorporate the standards for presentation, mechanical and electrical services, and deliverables into my project template so that every new project I create starts from the same position, saving me time, promoting consistency, and reducing errors in my project.Learn more
It seems like such a long time ago that we were all wondering how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) would impact our businesses and it’s easy to imagine that the problem has now gone away, but ignore it, and you could be making an expensive mistake.Learn more