Revit – The application of nurse call systems in a BIM project
Autodesk’s Revit for nurse call systems content creation and project layout
Whether you design and manufacture equipment for nurse call systems, and provide CAD files for your end users, or you are the end user looking to use those files in a format and to a standard that suits your workflow and processes, our consultants and trainers at Symetri can help your organisation use Autodesk’s Revit to reach further, gain recognition, leverage important product and project information, and become more productive.
So, as a content manufacturer and supplier what specifically can you gain from using Revit over your current method of creating your important and valuable content? There are a number of potential advantages that include:
- Embedded product data such as:
- physical dimensions, materials, product codes and technical specifications,
- Parametrically controlled variations on product ranges,
- Links to web pages,
- Adherence to Building Information Modelling (BIM) requirements where specified,
- Reach a broader range of potential end users,
- Increase the number of potential end users,
- Equipment visualisation within VR environments, and
- Equipment visualisation within photo-realistic imagery.
Content for use in a Revit project can be created from scratch within Revit or by utilising existing content created in other formats. So, if you have a library of existing content it can be leveraged to give you a great head start. Here at Symetri, we can help you move towards supplying your content for use in a Revit project by providing bespoke training and support unique to your product. You may also benefit from a high level overview training session to give you a better understanding of how your content will be used within a live project, allowing you to adapt your offerings to suit the requirements of your clients, and of the industry.
Laying out and designing nurse call systems in a health care environment can also benefit greatly from working within Revit. Using intelligent 3d parametric content and working directly with project partner models, provides many potential advantages that include:
- Coordination and spatial awareness
- Fewer RFIs
- Automatic positional updates with changes to project partner’s models
- Intelligent hierarchy of connection between devices
- Intelligent tagging
- Automated schedules and quantification
- Device location
- Accelerated drawing production.
Symetri’s training courses in this area will introduce the principles of project coordination and collaboration, working with architectural Revit models, and can be tailored to include the application of manufacturer specific content, while our range of support offerings are available to ensure the successful and accelerated implementation of Revit within your organisation. If you are considering or have a requirement to move to Revit for the delivery of this aspect of your project, then contact us here at Symetri and one of our consultants will be happy to discuss your specific training, support, and project requirements.
How does your company manage product data throughout the product’s lifecycle? Is the right information available at the right time for everyone who needs it?Learn more