Autodesk Vault can produce PDF files from drawings, Inventor Drawings and AutoCAD drawings, and so can Sovelia Vault. This blog post focuses on the added value and the benefits of using Sovelia Vault with your Autodesk software.Learn more
Transition to Named User Licence Reset Update
Many of you will have seen my blogs on transitioning from Multi-User to Named User (if not, these can be found in the links below). In those blogs I outlined the various methods available for the resetting of licences for the various year versions of the Autodesk Apps. Whilst these are still valid, methods which have their advantages and disadvantages depending on how your infrastructure is set up there is also a new license reset tool available from Autodesk.
This new tool will allow you to reset all Autodesk individual Applications from 2017-2021 in one hit. The tool does not however reset products installed from the Design Suites media (e.g., Building Design Suite Premium). Please use the link below to download the tool.
For this method to work the licence reset tool files need to be distributed/loaded on each client machine. Once loaded a line of code needs to be run from a command window.
- The Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service needs to be installed and running for this method to work.
- The support tool only lists and resets individual apps, it will not list or reset Product Design Suites, and only products from 2017 to present.
- Using the information (-I) switch and the URL access check (-u) switch can be completed from a standard users account, Licence reset (-r) switch must be run from an elevated command window.
1. Extract AdskLicensingSupportTool-184.108.40.206-win.zip to the folder C:\Autodesk. You should now have a folder C:\Autodesk\AdskLicensingSupportTool.
2. If you wish to know what licenced products are on the machine (Check NOTES above). Open a Command Prompt and type the following:
3. You can reset an individual application using its product key from an elevated command window (AutoCAD in the example below).
C:\Autodesk\AdskLicensingSupportTool\AdskLicensingSupportTool.exe -r 001M1:USER
4. You can also reset all licences on a machine (Except Design Suite products)
C:\Autodesk\AdskLicensingSupportTool\AdskLicensingSupportTool.exe -r All:USER
5. You can also use this tool to check to see if any of the licensing URLS are currently unreachable when trying to triage licence issues on a machine. This command confirms all the URLs for the subscription model and will list successful and unsuccessful connections. (Not all these URLs are required for licensing; some are for services and analytics). Dig into the report to see what is preventing the licence from working and check why.
You can access all “Transition from Network / Multi-User licences to Autodesk ID licences” blog articles below:
- Part 1 - Introduction and 2018-2019 licence reset: https://www.symetri.co.uk/insights/blog/transition-from-network-multi-user-licences-to-autodesk-id-licences-part-1
- Part 2 - Reset licences for 2020 and 2021 products: https://www.symetri.co.uk/insights/blog/transition-from-network-multi-user-licences-to-autodesk-id-licences-part-2
- Part 3 - Moving users from the Classic User interface to the By User interface: https://www.symetri.co.uk/insights/blog/transition-from-network-multi-user-licences-to-autodesk-id-licences-part-3
- Part 4 - Assigning users in the Contract Managers account: https://www.symetri.co.uk/insights/blog/transition-from-network-multi-user-licences-to-autodesk-id-licences-part-4
- Part 5 - Whitelist/Access requirements for Autodesk ID Subscription Licenses: https://www.symetri.co.uk/insights/blog/transition-from-network-multi-user-licences-to-autodesk-id-licences-part-5
- Part 6 - Decommissioning the network license service on the server: https://www.symetri.co.uk/insights/blog/transition-from-network-multi-user-licences-to-autodesk-id-licences-part-6
- Part 7 - Cleaning up your estate: https://www.symetri.co.uk/insights/blog/transition-from-network-multi-user-licences-to-autodesk-id-licences-part-7
In this blog post, we take a look at why you should use Autodesk Docs in conjunction with Autodesk Takeoff when producing quantity takeoffs.Learn more
In part 1 of our “Hybrid office: a longer term strategy” blog series, we discussed the technology routes your business can take if you are likely to keep an emphasis on home working. In this blog post, we discuss the options available if your business is more likely to take an office at core, home at edge approach.Learn more