Support - License issues logging into Vault
When logging into Vault from Inventor, AutoCAD or any other Autodesk application having a Vault Addin, the message appears:
"The license obtained is incompatible with the server."
Vault is registered as the wrong edition (Basic, Workgroup, Professional) in the Mircrosoft® Windows Registry or certain registry keys are missing.
Following steps solved the issue:
• Launch windows registry with regedit.exe
• Go to folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\PLM\Autodesk Vault xx.0\"
• Edit the key "Edition"
• Change the value from "Basic" to "Workgroup" or "Professional"
• Save the changed value with press button "ok"
• Restart Autodesk Inventor 20xx and log in into Vault
Microsoft recently announced changes to the licencing models for their cloud products, to evolve with customers to meet their ever-changing business.Learn more
The machine builder and simulation features in Fusion 360 allow the user to build a machine configuration and 3D machine model adding kinematic movements in preparation for simulation during manufacturing. These features are an essential addition to the prototyping phase of manufacturing, meaning parts can be machined with confidence that minimal restrictions and failures will take place.Learn more