In this episode of the Smarter Building podcast, we caught up with Robert Kumapley, the Chief of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Program at The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ), on the challenges and advantages of implementing an asset management strategy.
What is a suitable CAD workstation that an architect should consider?
In today’s Architecture, Engineering and Construction industries, there can be no doubt that there are some incredible computer aided design (CAD) software solutions and toolkits available such as AutoCAD, Revit, and Symetri’s own solutions like Naviate.
With these amazing tools, more than ever before, Architects are able to provide some impressively detailed models to win business and drive their business forward, and lead by example.
There is often a crucial ‘proof of concept’ stage when dealing with new prospects that requires being able to effectively demonstrate the end result before any agreement is reached with a new client, let alone begin any construction.
This is particularly true within the building design stage in architecture, as well as many similarly challenged design firms. On almost every project of this kind, it’s an absolute ‘must have’ for clients to be given a detailed model, whether it be for planning permissions, meeting sustainability requirements, or simply to showcase to the homeowner what will be a beautiful and well thought out design on the project for which they are so heavily investing.
But with all this powerful CAD software at our disposal, can we really use it on just any computer?
To deliver the results you really want, it is important to ensure that you have the hardware to match the software requirements. At Symetri, we strive to provide our clients with the very best and latest in hardware technology that is tailored to all of to the CAD applications that we support as well as many others that utilise this technology. We want you to be at your best when showcasing 3D models within Revit or designing bespoke housing models in AutoCAD, or even graphic designing client logos in other applications such as Adobe Creative Suite.
With this in mind, I have recommended one of our best sellers that is ideal for Architects, and designers alike in producing some of the very best in 3D models rendering complex textures and graphics to show off to clients.
Are you an Architect or designer who is looking for a powerful, yet portable and robust workstation, with a beautiful and quality finish, suitable to use in client meetings to demonstrate your designs?
If this sounds like you, then the HP ZBook Studio G9 16″ Mobile Workstation could be exactly what you are looking for.
HP ZBook Studio G9 16″ Mobile Workstation
- Intel Core i9 (12th Gen) 12900H / 2.5 GHz (5 GHz)
- 32 GB DDR4
- 1 TB SSD – NVMe
- NVIDIA RTX A3000 12 GB GDDR6 SDRAM
- 16" IPS 3840 x 2400
(WQUXGA) @ 120 Hz
- 6-cell - up to 9.5 hours
Why do we recommend this?
Here are some key points when considering investing in this mobile CAD workstation:
- Blindingly fast CPU performance, with options going right through the intel range to the latest i9 models that offer multiple cores for CPU-Rendering.
- Up to 32GB RAM which allows for a generous amount of multi-tasking without any of the performance lag.
- Multiple GPU options available to suite a budget or for best performance such as the latest NVIDIA RTX A3000 with more than enough GDDR memory to support an array of applications, as well as faster clock speeds for superior GPU-Rendering and precisely detailed textures.
- A beautiful display to complement the above with a configurable options for full HD WLED / OLED display options across a 15.6” or 16” display.
- 512GB or 1TB NVMe SSD high speed storage as standard, with additional storage capacities also available.
- Impressive battery with on average up to 9.5hrs, with a fast-charging cable that can replenish the battery to 50% in as little as 30 minutes.
- HP Workstations use hardware that benefits from ISV approval (Independent Software Vendor) by Autodesk, giving you the peace of mind that this has been tested and approved at the highest level.
- All our CAD workstations are supplied with 3 years of on-site warranty, meaning that you can rest assured that unlikely issues should they occur will be resolved quickly by an engineer visit.
We have also produced a workstation recommendation guide which offers more options based on your requirements: https://www.symetri.co.uk/campaigns/cad-workstation-recommendations-guide