How global engineering consultancy, Buro Happold, planned to maximise business and operational value from BIM 360.Learn more
The City of Helsinki - Pioneers introducing BIM
- Change from 2D to 3D and BIM
- Need to be able to deliver IFC and BIM data
- Creation of ‘kitchen libraries families’ in Autodesk Revit
The software itself is worth very little if not accompanied by highly competent consultancy. This is where Symetri plays an important role.
- Creation of a library of families developed especially for the use of professional kitchen designers.
- Daily benefits as the job would be impossible without it
- Close relationship with other users of the library families makes communication easier
- BIM ensures that all elements fit into the model that the architect or constructing engineer is providing, avoiding collisions physically on site, saving considerable waste and costly time.
Leave us a message
Meet Crofton Consulting
Crofton Consulting is an award-winning independent firm of consulting engineers providing consultancy services across Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering and MEP Engineering (mechanical, electrical, and public health).
The firm is a national group member of the Technical Apprenticeship Consortium, an employer-led group of consulting engineering firms employing circa 1,500 apprentices a year throughout the UK. Crofton Consulting defines its mission as having a positive impact on the communities it touches through its work, and on the people it employs.
All the company’s engineers are fluent in both AutoCAD 2D and Revit modelling techniques. They are supported by an in-house digital development team that constantly works to improve the quality of output, and automate production; freeing up valuable cognitive time to allow engineers to think of the most effective solutions for clients.
This case study tells the story of how Crofton Consulting adapted the leading e-Learning solution, Pinnacle Series, to support its preparations for ISO 19650 certification; innovative thinking in action, in partnership with Symetri.