Symetri Event - 27th April 2022 - British Medical Association
Digitising Construction in Healthcare
Following significantly increased engagement with NHS Trust estate teams around digital strategy over the last couple of years, Symetri will be hosting an event at the British Medical Association (BMA) aimed at "Digitising Construction in Healthcare".
We’ll be showcasing new technologies from Autodesk & Unity to name a few and be joined by industry guests including Ilora Finlay, Baroness Finlay of Llandaff, for a productive day of networking, knowledge-sharing and celebrating success stories.
Date: Wednesday 27th April 2022
Time: 9am - 2pm
Location: British Medical Association - BMA (Tavistock House), 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HW
- 09:00 – 09:30 Arrival & Breakfast
- 09:30 – 09:40 Welcome, Richard Brayshaw, Construction Business Area Director, Symetri
- 09:40 – 10:10 1st Keynote – "The Built Environment in the NHS: The Highs and Lows" - Ilora Finlay, Baroness Finlay of Llandaff
- 10:10 – 10:25 “Defining & Applying a Digital Construction Strategy” (Panel Discussion & Q&A), Steve Rudge, Technical & Consulting Delivery Manager, Symetri, Tom Kotecki, Co-founder & CEO, Oculo
- 10:25 – 10:55 "Bringing the Construction site to you: keeping track of on-site progress remotely" - Tom Kotecki, Co-founder & CEO, Oculo
- 10:55 – 11:15 Break & Networking
- 11:15 – 11:45 2nd Keynote – "Helping Milton Keynes University Hospital (MKUH) NHS Foundation Trust Harness Data and Technology to Improve Patient Experience" - Steve Rudge, Technical & Consulting Delivery Manager, Symetri & Richard Brayshaw, Construction Business Area Director, Symetri
- 11:45 – 12:00 “New Technology Adoption in Healthcare” (Panel Discussion & Q&A), Jack Strongitharm, Solutions Engineer, Unity Technologies, Krystal Herrington, Senior Construction Partner Manager, Autodesk
- 12:00 – 12:30 "Visualisation – Using BIM Data to Move Towards a Digital Twin" - Jack Strongitharm, Solutions Engineer, Unity Technologies
- 12:30 – 12:45 “Health Infrastructure Plan (HIP) – Securing Funding & Delivering a BIM Compliant Project” (Panel Discussion & Q&A), Ilora Finlay, Baroness Finlay of Llandaff, Richard Brayshaw, Construction Business Area Director, Symetri & Chris Hodgson, Director of Estates and Facilities, East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- 12:45 – 13:00 Recap & Close
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch & Networking
Chris is a Exceptional leader and experienced Board Director of Estates and Facilities with a strong track record of successful strategic, capital and operational change leadership in complex public and private sector organisations.
Chartered Engineer with 30+ years of significant and broad ranging management experience in complex and high value Facilities and Construction Engineering projects/processes across public and private sectors.
Ilora Finlay, Baroness Finlay of Llandaff, is a Welsh doctor, professor of palliative medicine, and a Crossbench member of the House of Lords. She is a past president of the Royal Society of Medicine, a professor of palliative medicine at Cardiff University School of Medicine and a consultant at the Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff. On 28 June 2001, she was made a life peer as Baroness Finlay of Llandaff, of Llandaff in the County of South Glamorgan.
Jack is the Solutions Engineer for Architecural, Engineering & Construction at Unity in EMEA. He has industry experience as a civil and site engineer and previously as a technical expert at Autodesk and Faro. Advancing BIM models and projects to make BIM Interactive for Digital Twins using the power of Unity and Unity Reflect is part of his role at Unity.
Krystal’s passion for construction and technology started in her university days when she earned a Civil Engineering degree from the University of California, Berkeley. Shortly after graduation, Krystal worked for DPR Construction on several biopharmaceutical and hospital projects in the Bay Area. The most memorable project she worked on was the Sutter Eden Medical Center: a $320 million, 130-bed, ground-up, acute care hospital which was built using BIM and an unprecedented 11-party Integrated Project Delivery contract system. Krystal joined Autodesk in 2015 in San Francisco with a remit to evangelize the pilot release of BIM 360 Docs before her first move to the U.K. with Autodesk in early 2016.
Having previously worked for Morgan Sindall, Steve has been in a multi-disciplined design and build environment for 24 years. He has a vast knowledge of the problems that can be encountered on projects of all sizes, and provides suitable solutions. Steve’s main expertise lies in the design, construction and management workflow of information and technology requirements to ensure a project meets the full requirements and data is reused through the delivery. Steve acts as the Project BIM manager and information manager for our clients and helps them de-risk and deliver the project to meet the full defined requirements.
Tom is the Founder & CEO of Oculo, a digital twin solution for the built environment. He is passionate about bringing the benefits of cutting edge technology to the construction process, while crucially making it easy to use and accessible to all stakeholders.
Richard challenges all those involved in the construction process to work smarter. Working as a Business Area Director for the Symetri Construction team, he aims to deliver world class technology solutions and services which increase the capability and capacity of all those involved in construction.
Interested in sponsoring this event? Please get in touch with our event organiser for more information & pricing email@example.com.
The draft BS8644-1 Digital Management of Fire Safety Information Standard due to be published on 24th August*, aims to provide a more detailed framework and approach for addressing the areas mentioned in the Hackitt report. Join our webinar on Thursday 8th September to find out more.Learn more