We are delighted to be authorised to offer training courses and Unity Certification Exams on behalf of Unity TechnologiesLearn more
Varjo Launches its XR-3 and VR-3 Headsets to Bring the Next Generation of Immersive Technology to Every Workplace
The latest professional-grade devices deliver twice the performance with enhanced human-eye resolution, wide field of view, and XR-3 mixed reality depth awareness & inside-out tracking for true immersion in enterprise applications; New price point to further accelerate professional adoption.
Symetri is excited to announce that Varjo is taking high-performance XR to the mainstream.
“The VR-3 and XR-3 not only build on the best in class technology shown in the previous generation of Varjo HMD, but the significant price reduction also lowers the barrier of entry for companies looking to adopt market leading XR solutions. Given the current climate coupled with our reliance on remote collaboration and digital decision making, these new solutions not only meet the needs of the market, but Varjo have also far exceeded them”
Nick John, Symetri
Key features of both the XR-3 and VR-3 include:
- Industry’s highest resolution in a 115° field of view. This is possible through Varjo’s full frame Bionic Display™ with double the human-eye resolution area (at over 70 pixels per degree) compared to previous generations. The headsets now also support ultra-high resolution across the full frame, as well as colour accuracy that mirrors the real world.
- Twice the performance for enhanced levels of realism and visual clarity. With a refresh rate of 90 Hz, the XR-3 and VR-3 also have the world’s fastest and most accurate eye tracking integrated in XR/VR headsets at up to 200 Hz, giving users optimized visual fidelity through foveated rendering. Both devices also feature integrated Ultraleap™ hand tracking for natural interactions.
- Improved comfort and usability with 3-point precision fit headband, 40% lighter weight, active cooling, and ultra-wide optical design removing eye strain and simulator sickness
- Complete software compatibility with Unity™, Unreal Engine™, OpenXR 1.0 (in early 2021) and hundreds of industrial 3D engines and applications, including Autodesk VRED™, Lockheed Martin Prepar3d™, VBS BlueIG™ and FlightSafety Vital™
Key features specific to the XR-3 include:
- The industry’s first depth awareness with LiDAR and stereo RGB video pass-through to deliver seamless merging of real and virtual for perfect occlusions and full 3D world reconstruction
- Inside-out tracking enables users to determine the precise position of the XR-3 within the environment. This vastly improves tracking accuracy and removes the need for SteamVR™ base stations
Autodesk Docs, Autodesk Construction Cloud’s centralised document management solution, is now available as a standalone product to create a single source of truth across the project lifecycle.Learn more