This Point Cloud Manipulation course is aimed at those interested in working closely with scanned data. This course will show you how to take the data and register it in Autodesk Recap. You will also learn how to manipulate the data and present it using Autodesk Navisworks.
Course content for Point Cloud Manipulation training
- Get an introduction to Autodesk Recap
- Understand a scanning project
- Learn how to start up a new project
- See how to import scans in Autodesk Recap
- Understand Automatic registration and when it should be used
- Learn how to manipulate data using manual registration
- Understand Targets and their uses
- Learn how to export a Project
- Discover how to combine scanned data
- Understand how to work with Photo projects
- Learn about viewing and navigating around your project
- Learn about updating the origin
- Work with real views
- Create clipping points and how to select data
- View scan regions
- Discover how to import and export scanned data
- Learn about the Point clean up tool
- Understand mesh creation and why it is used
- Discover how to mark-up and use measure tools
- Learn about collaborating with Navisworks (Inside Recap)
- Learn how to insert a point cloud into Inventor and ACAD
- Learn how to manipulate a point cloud in Inventor and ACAD
Benefits of Point Cloud Manipulation training:
Learn how to start up a new project
Understand a scanning project
Discover how to import and export scanned data
After completing the course, you will be able to work with scanned data, registering it in Autodesk Recap and manipulate it using Autodesk Navisworks.
After completing the course, you can log-in to your Autodesk Account and download a personal certificate.
Please contact us on 0345 370 1444 or fill in the form below to speak to one of our training specialists who can answer any questions you may have or to register your interest.
Upcoming course dates
Unfortunately there are no scheduled dates for this course.
We will contact you within the next two working days to discuss your training requirement and arrange a suitable date.
Your message was sent.
We will contact you soon.
Something went wrong,
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org