Utilising the Autodesk Construction Cloud to improve the preconstruction phase
- Clash detection process could take up to 3 weeks.
- Review processes taking too long.
- Too many errors being produced on 2D outputs.
- Synchronisation of models and uploading and downloading of models.
- Team accountability.
- Autodesk Construction Cloud provides automated detecting and grouping of clashes in minutes.
- It allows all parties to see the design as it develops in almost real time which has reduced abortive design work.
- The model comparison tool has allowed the design team to see a 50% time saving in the identification of change as everything is made visible.
- The change analysis feature helps reduce risk on projects.
- Time taken to review information has reduced, resulting in a 20% reduction in the preconstruction phase.
- The team have been taking ownership for their own information before being issued to others and the quality of the output has increased due to the transparency.
- The identification of changes and issues has significantly improved resulting in a 62% time saving as people have been resolving and controlling their own work.
- 20% improvement in time taken to update model to co-ordinate with other disciplines.
- The design team meeting time has been reduced by 67% as there has been a lot less comments when reviewing the 2D outputs and issues are being addressed at source in the 3D model.
- The traditional clash detection process was taking 3 weeks. With Autodesk Construction Cloud, it is now taking minutes.