Factory Design Suite - What's New in 2023.1
If you are using Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection you will have access to Factory Design Utilities. This software provides the flexibility to create and edit your factory layouts in 2D or 3D using AutoCAD or Inventor. Choose from a library of thousands of factory assets to drag into your design. Autodesk has made some enhancements to the product, which I will share with you below.
Asset Browser Enhancements
A new workflow handling obsolete assets has been added to this release. This will NOT delete the asset from the browser.
To Filter Out Obsolete Assets
- In the Asset Browser, navigate to the asset you want to designate as obsolete.
- Right-click and then select Obsolete.
The asset is added to the Obsolete Assets Folder, and the Show/Hide Obsolete Assets Folder button is enabled.
- Click the Show/Hide Obsolete Assets Folder button to hide the Obsolete Assets Folder from the Asset Browser.
The Obsolete Assets Folder is now hidden, and its contents do not appear in search results.
Opening a Legacy Factory Layout from Vault
When opening a legacy CAD file (.iam, .dwg, .nwf) managed by Vault from local/Vault, the correct version is opened now. But keep in mind that Factory will always open the latest version if opening the—Layoutdata via Layout Browser.
Performance enhancements in this release have been focused upon with increased performance and stability in the following areas:
- Opening and updating the layout in Autodesk Inventor.
- Synchronizing Factory Data from AutoCAD to Autodesk Inventor for the first time.
- Editing parameter of Factory Asset that was published with non-English Factory.
- Synchronizing a customer asset to AutoCAD after Repositioning.
- Changing property value via Factory properties for the asset instances which have iLogic.
Migration of LOD Assets
When migrating data, all LOD asset instances in non-editable, i.e., read-only or unable to be checked out from Vault layouts or sub-layouts, don’t get migrated.email or telephone.
Would you like to learn more about the Factory Design Suite and it's new updates? Do you need help with applying it to your work or business? Visit the Symetri website for further information, or feel free to get in touch.
By via email or telephone.
0345 370 1444