A podcast hosted by Symetri
Smarter Building Podcast Ep.16 - Tech Trends in Construction 2024
In this episode of the Smarter Building podcast, our host Nicole Georgiou caught up with Dr. Stephen Hamil, Innovation Director at NBS, to gain insights into the future landscape of the construction industry and the upcoming trends in 2024.
This podcast delves into the industry's future, pointing to sustainability practices, off-site construction and digital twins as central components in shaping a more eco-friendly, collaborative and efficient construction landscape. The integration of transformative technologies like cloud computing and Artificial Intelligence (AI) emerges as a solution to industry challenges.
Tune in to discover the top tech construction trends to look out for in 2024 including:
- BIM and digital construction play a crucial role in the construction industry, enabling better collaboration and information management.
- Technology, such as cloud computing and AI, can help address challenges in the industry and improve efficiency.
- The importance of maintaining compliance with standards and specifications.
- Companies should have buy-in from top-level management, advocates within the organisation, and invest in training and consultancy to integrate technology effectively.
- NBS is focused on providing high-quality content and solutions to help companies stay up to date with standards and specifications.
- The future of the industry lies in sustainability, off-site construction, and digital twins.
NBS is an integrated global platform for everyone involved in the design, supply and construction of the built environment. As the construction landscape continues to evolve, embracing technological advancements and sustainable practices will undoubtedly be at the forefront of industry progress.
"...we've got to move away from the Excel way of working to that sort of single click of a button and it tells you what you've got."