If you are tasked with the responsibility of creating room drawings in Revit, then you know that whilst the standard Revit approach isn’t difficult, it can be extremely tedious and time consuming. This blog looks at how Naviate, the Revit add-in, now offers an innovative solution for addressing this aspect of your workflow via the use of the Room Drawing tool.Learn more
What’s New in V-Ray Next for Revit, Update 1?
In this quick blog, we outline the new featured of V-Ray for Revit, Update 1.
- View-specific settings - Render and maintain multiple views with individual lighting, mood and composition. Whether it’s a bright exterior or a nighttime interior, you can quickly switch between the two within the same project.
- New Grass/Fur workflow - Create more realistic furry surfaces such as grass and fabrics, with the new and extended V-Ray Fur workflow.
- Sun Animation - V-Ray now adds extra realism to Revit’s Solar Study. Explore and visualise the impact of natural light and shadows on your designs across a variety of timespans.
- Batch rendering - Leave V-Ray to render your project images while you are away. Batch rendering helps you to schedule multiple views for rendering with a click of a button.
- Transfer Auto values - Reduce the amount of time you spend adjusting renders with automatically calculated exposure and white balance values. Values are now displayed in a single click and can be further adjusted manually.
- Colour Assistant - V-Ray Colour Picker’s new extension saves time by suggesting a colour shade palette to choose the right colour for your designs.
- Material picker - Replacing a Revit material with V-Ray material has never been easier. Pick a surface in Revit view and instantly locate its material in the Appearance Manager.
Latest & Greatest
- Revit 2021 - V-Ray now fully supports the latest versions of Revit.
- RTX support - Leverage even more of your GPU’s performance with NVIDIA RTX card support.
Learn more in this video:
For more information about V-Ray for Revit, click here. Alternatively please feel free to contact us on 0345 370 1444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Oculo is participating in the Golden Thread Initiative to help prevent future building disasters
We are pleased to share this blog post from our partner Oculo. Oculo brings to the Golden Thread Initiative its extensive practical experience in gathering, managing and extracting value from visual data, which gives it a unique perspective on how some of the most urgent difficulties facing the sector might be overcome.Learn more